Mi India announced the launch of its new flagship device, the Mi 4, for Rs. 19,999.
Mi 4 is a beautifully designed 5-inch device that is packed with powerful specs. It is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor, comes equipped with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory and runs on a 3080 mAh battery. Mi 4 also includes a 13 -megapixel rear camera, and an impressive wide-angle (80°) front-facing camera of 8 megapixels, both with an unprecedented f1.8 aperture.
Mi 4 will be on sale on February 10, and pre- registrations for the device will start at 6pm on January 28 exclusively through its e-commerce partner, Flipkart.
Mi India also took the wraps off MIUI 6, a major update to its Android ROM. MIUI 6 is MIUI redesigned in its simplest form, with beautiful colour and motion graphics throughout, and all unnecessary distractions stripped away so you can focus on your content. It is visually stunning, and amazingly simple. MIUI is one of the world’s most popular Android-based platforms with over 85 million users worldwide.
Mi 4 Specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080p Full HD (441 ppi)
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Super-slim Corning Glass with One Glass Solution (OGS) technology
- 3080 mAh Lithium-ion polymer battery, Quick Charge 2.0
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash memory
- 13MP rear camera (f1.8) and 8MP front camera (80° wide-angle, f1.8)
- MIUI 6 based on Android 4.4.4