Amazon.in’s festive event, ‘The Great Indian Festival’ (GIF) 2021 will start from October 4, 2021. Continuing its commitment to support Small Medium Businesses (SMBs), Amazon GIF 2021 is dedicated to lakhs of small sellers including over 75,000 local shops from 450 cities, offering their unique selection of products to customers across the country. GIF 2021 will also showcase products from Amazon sellers under various other programs such as Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Saheli, Amazon Karigar, as well as top Indian and global brands across categories.
As per a recent study commissioned by Amazon India and conducted by Nielsen, sellers on Amazon.in are optimistic about this festive season and 98% of the surveyed sellers said that technology adoption and e-commerce have positively impacted their business. More than 78% of the surveyed Amazon sellers expect to reach out to new customers, 71% mentioned an increase in their sales and 71% mentioned a recovery in their business as their top expectations from the festive season.
The Great Indian Festival would include over 1,000 new product launches from top brands such as Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Sony, Apple, Boat, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Fossil, Levi’s, BIBA, Allen Solly, Adidas, American Tourister, Prestige, Eureka Forbes, Bosch, Pigeon, Bajaj, Big muscles, Lakme, Maybelline, Forest Essentials, The Body Shop, WOW, Nivea, Dabur, P&G, Tata Tea, Huggies, Pedigree, Sony PS5, Microsoft Xbox, Hasbro, Funskool, Philips, Vega and more.
Commenting on the announcement Mr. Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Amazon India, said, “This year’s Great Indian Festival is a celebration of the resilience of local shops and small and medium sellers. We are humbled by their spirit and delighted with the opportunity to partner and enable their growth, especially in view of recent challenges owing to the pandemic. We continue to innovate on behalf of our customers to offer the widest selection, value, and convenience, ensuring fast delivery of their #KhushiyonKeDibbe, to get them ready for the festive season from the comfort and safety of their homes.”
- Shop from lakhs of sellers and tens and thousands of local shops: The Great Indian Festival (GIF) celebrates 8.5 lakh+ sellers, offering crores of products to customers on Amazon.in, including unique products from Indian SMBs and local shops.
- Launches across categories: Enjoy over 1,000 new product launches and exciting offers across categories including Grocery, Fashion & Beauty, Smartphones, Large appliances & TVs, Consumer Electronics and more.
- Shop in your preferred language: Customers can shop in languages of their choice including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada and the newly launched Bangla and Marathi.
- Voice Shopping in Hindi: Customers can also shop using their voice in Hindi in addition to English with voice shopping powered by Alexa
- Amazon Pay makes the Great Indian Festival more fun and rewarding: Customers save up to Rs.5,000 during the GIF by making daily payments like sending money, paying bills, booking tickets and more to unlock exciting shopping rewards that can be redeemed during the event.
- Exciting offers from leading partner banks such as HDFC Bank; 10% Instant Discount on HDFC Bank Credit & Debit Cards & EMI Transactions, no cost EMI on Debit & Credit cards, & Amazon Pay Later and exciting offers from other leading Credit/Debit Cards and lot more.
- Great Savings for MSMEs: MSME buyers can save big on their business purchases with GST invoice, bulk discounts, and exclusive deals on a wide range of the commercial selection on Amazon Business.
- Lowest prices on Amazon Devices: Get the lowest prices of the year on Echo, Fire TV and Kindle range of devices. Make your home smarter by availing great deals on Alexa smart home combos.
Launch of Prime Video Channels in India: With the launch of Prime Video Channels in India, Prime members will have a seamless experience and access to a distinctive slate of content from a diverse set of popular video streaming services; it will give Prime members the option for add-on subscriptions of popular OTT services and stream their content on the Amazon Prime Video app and website in India.