realme, the fastest growing smartphone brand, today marks its second anniversary and continues to grow as a reliable brand in India which specializes in providing high-quality smartphones with the best design and performance for its customers. realme owes its success to its customers and is excited to share that it is one of the most sought smartphone brands in the country.
As a young brand propelled by a “Dare to Leap” attitude, realme strives to provide a leap forward experience with its product and service which goes above its price segment.
Here are the 10 interesting facts to know about realme:
- The name “realme” was originally inspired by OPPO’s REAL ME series with model no A209 back in 2010. Today realme authorizes OPPO as an OEM to manufacture products. The plant is based in Noida with more than 7500 direct jobs created by realme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXqBhUvlEw&feature=youtu.be
- realme is the first brand in India to have a presence from the entry-level segment to 5G flagship. Currently, realme has 3 major series in its portfolio:
- C series with the latest realme C3 starting from INR 6999
- Latest realme 6 series starting from INR 13999,
- realme X series with midrange to premium offerings such as realme X2 (Starting from INR 16999) and realme X50 Pro 5G (Starting from INR37999)
- “Power meets Style” was the slogan for realme 1 and also the core product philosophy for realme products. realme has been adopting this strategy and brought many new powerful SoCs first in the world and first in India, which included MTK Helio P70 in realme U1, Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G in realme X2, Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G in realme X50 Pro 5G, Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G in realme 6 Pro, MTK Helio G70 in realme C3 and MTK Helio G80 in the upcoming Narzo series. realme X50 Pro 5G and realme 6 Pro are the first two smartphones in the market supporting NAVIC, which is India’s own navigation system.
- realme became the 4thlargest smartphone brand in India since Q4 2018. realme maintained the fastest growing speed in Q1 2020 with a Y-o-Y growth of over 119% as per Counterpoint. From 2019 to Q1 2020, realme has also maintained the second position after Xiaomi in the online smartphone segment.
- realme sold over 2.2 million units during the Diwali season 2018 and achieved an even higher 5.2 million sales in October 2019 Diwali season. 100K realme C1 units were sold out in 2 seconds on Flipkart during the Big Billion Days 2018 which became the fastest smartphone model to be sold-out on the platform.
- realme became the 4thlargest premium smartphone brand in 2019 with only the first flagship realme X2 Pro launched in November, according to Counterpoint
- realme is the 5thlargest TWS brand with its first TWS product realme Buds Air launched in December, according to Counterpoint. realme Buds Air also became the second best-selling TWS product right after Apple’s Airpods in India.
- realme has entered 27 countries across the world. In 2019 realme achieved over 25 million shipments with a 453% Y-o-Y growth, out of which, India took more than 16.2 million shipments with a 263.5% growth rate. India is realme’s most important home base across the world.
- realme started its journey by selling its smartphones online but has started the offline expansion since Q1 2019. Offline sales are contributing more than 35% of overall sales in 2020 and realme is targeting to enhance this figure to 40% by the end of 2020. realme is also expanding its distribution channels to even Tier-4 and Tier- 5 towns, aiming to have 400+ distributors on board to cover 35k+ mobile stores pan India. The development of realme at offline channels has helped realme to reach No.3 Market Share in the month February 20 according to Counterpoint.
- realme has been encouraging its suppliers and partners to set up local manufacturing units in India. In fact, more than 50% of realme’s suppliers are already based in India with their localization footprints. For example, realme’s battery, screens, internal structures are all made in India. realme is also expanding its workforce to more than 10,000 employees by the end of 2020