Xiaomi launched its first Mi Home store in India with a record-breaking INR 5 crore in sales revenue (USD 775,000) within 12 hours of sales on 20 May 2017. It is a milestone unheard of in the Indian smartphone offline industry.
Over 10,000 Mi Fans showed up on the opening day at Mi Home store to purchase their favourite Xiaomi phones, ecosystem products, and accessories. Some of these Mi Fans flew in from ten different states.
Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi and Managing Director, Xiaomi India, spoke regarding the historic feat, “It was an extremely emotional day for all of us at the opening of our first Mi Home store. I am humbled by the unprecedented outpouring of love from all our Mi Fans who started lining up from 8 AM in the morning. I had a fun filled day with spending time with our fans, billing at the counters for our customers, entertaining people standing in queue and answering multiple queries at Mi Home. Never did I imagine that with every passing hour we were quietly creating history in the Indian retail market.”
This revenue was largely contributed from the sales of Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 4. It also included the sales of audio accessories, Mi VR Play, Mi Air Purifier 2, Mi Router 3C and Mi Band 2. Redmi Note 4 has become the highest-shipped smartphone in Q1 2017 as per the latest report from analyst firm IDC, replacing Samsung J2.
Redmi 4 was made available first at Mi Home store in Bengaluru, and also received a phenomenal response. While Redmi 4 continues to be on sale at Mi Home,, it will also go on sale online on mi.com and Amazon.in on 23rd May from 12 PM for Mi Fans across the country.
The first Mi Home store in India is located at Phoenix Market city Mall in Bengaluru, and features Xiaomi’s range of smartphones, power banks, headphones, fitness bands, air purifiers as well as other ecosystem products launched in India.
Mi Home stores are Xiaomi’s exclusive offline retail stores that allow Mi fans to experience and purchase Xiaomi’s latest products under one roof. These stores represent Xiaomi’s “Internet+” and “new retail” approaches — combining the Internet efficiency of e-commerce with the service and user experience of offline retail.
Xiaomi plans to open 100 Mi Home stores across India in the next two years. Upcoming Mi Home stores will be located in other metro cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai. Select Mi Home stores will also have an additional zone where fans can experience the larger Xiaomi portfolio.
- Ant Esports Unveils Cutting-Edge Racing Products – GW180 Corsa Racing Wheel and RC200 Racing Cockpit
- pTron launches Jazz Series of soundbars speakers for the ultimate sound and entertainment experience
- Wynk Rewind is now live with India’s favourite music of 2023
- itel new logo ushers an era of innovation, smart living, and youthfulness
- iQOO Introduces Exclusive Priority Pass for the First Time Ever for iQOO 12
- Noise launches Noise Three with Dual Device Pairing and Foldable Design in India
- Price Drop for vivo Y56 and vivo T2 5G – Gets More Affordable
- OnePlus triumphs as leading android smartphone brand during the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2023