A revolution by itself, QR Codes are gradually transforming the landscape of digital payments in India. Paytm was the first company that pioneered the QR code-based payments and took it to the offline stores ranging from grocery shops to restaurants to Petrol pumps etc. Now people do not have to fill different fields – ranging from mobile phone numbers and UPI PIN to bank account numbers and IFSC – in order to make a digital payment. All they need is the Paytm app that allows scanning any QR code available at the retail stores for instant UPI payments.
Here is a quick guide on how you can use the QR code scanner on the Paytm app & make UPI payments in a jiffy.
1) Open Paytm App and Click on ‘Pay’ on the top-left section of your screen
2) Now, scan the Paytm QR code or any UPI QR code available at the merchant store. Paytm app will automatically detect the QR and land you on the next ‘Payments’ page
3) Enter the amount and choose the linked bank account
4) Enter UPI PIN and click on the ‘Submit’ button. Never share your UPI PIN with anyone
5) Your payment will get confirmed and now you show the confirmation to the merchant if required