Apple has released iOS 14.2.1 with a number of fixes, including for one that the company says will address problems with the lock screen becoming unresponsive on the iPhone 12 mini. The iPhone 12 mini was officially released on Friday, but users reported sensitivity issues with the lock screen shortly after.
Some users had problems swiping up from the bottom of the lock screen when trying to unlock their phone as well as issues pressing the flashlight or camera buttons.
It’s unclear exactly what caused the lock screen problems, and I haven’t run into any on my iPhone 12 mini that I got on Friday. Apparently, Apple found something it could fix, though, and hopefully this update resolves the issue for those who were having problems.
Apple says that iOS 14.2.1 will also fix issues with some MMS messages not being received and addressing sound quality issues with some Made for iPhone hearing devices.
If you want to download and install the update right now, you should be able to access it from the Software Update menu in the Settings app. (I’ve already fully installed the update on my device.)
- Govt amends Electricity Rules – Timeline for new connections cut, setting up rooftop solar units turns easier
- Tata.ev reduces EV prices up to Rs. 1.2 Lakh
- Servotech Power Systems Wins Order for 1500 DC fast EV Chargers from HPCL and other OEMs
- India’s Automotive Industry Shifts Gears with the Convergence of EVs and Connected Technologies
- Blusmart Collaborates with Tata Power to Source Green Power; Goes 100% Renewable to Decarbonise Mobility at Scale
- Stay Motivated to Be Your Best with All-New Samsung Galaxy Fit3
- Unifire: Redefining Tech Trends – Exclusive Interview with Director Rajan Sehgal in Mobility Magazine
- Xiaomi India becomes the fastest growing tablet brand