In a testimony to its growing market dominance, the SC9832 processor from Spreadtrum Communications (“Spreadtrum”), a leading fabless semiconductor company, has been adopted for Micromax’s newly launched smartphone, Bharat 2. The latest integration underlines Spreadtrum’s vision of leveraging innovative mobile technologies to enable high-performance digital connectivity for Indian consumers at extremely affordable price points.
Based on ARM Cortex-A7 configuration, Spreadtrum SC9832 is a 28nm quad-core processor with five modes – TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE, WCDMA/HSPA(+), GSM and GPRS. The LTE SoC chip platform clocks at 1.3GHz and supports 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.
Dr. Leo Li, Chairman and CEO, Spreadtrum, said, “Spreadtrum’s world-class innovations have been making high-performance mobile connectivity more accessible and within-the-means for aspiring smartphone owners across the globe. We are delighted to partner with Micromax, one of the leading mobile phone manufacturers in India, for its smartphone, Bharat 2. Equipped with Spreadtrum’s SC9832 chipset, Bharat 2 will make high-speed, affordable 4G VoLTE connectivity a tangible reality for Indian consumers and will give the vision of inclusive digital empowerment beyond geographical and socioeconomic boundaries a big boost.”
“Spreadtrum and Micromax have been close strategic partners since 2012 and together, we co-develop and customise solutions for the Indian consumer and take the leading Spreadtrum innovations to the market. We are delighted to partner with Spreadtrum for Bharat 2 that will bring the next set of meaningful innovations to the masses”, said Vikas Jain, Co-Founder, Micromax Informatics Ltd.
Powered by Spreadtrum’s SC9832 Micromax Bharat 2 is a Google certified smartphone and features 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage (expandable to 32GB via a microSD card), and a 2MP rear camera with LED flash, along with a 4-inch WVGA display and a VGA front camera for video calling and selfies. The affordable smartphone has been launched at an extremely cost-effective price point, driving the adoption of Internet for the next set of Indian consumers.
- Smart viewing experience with Xiaomi Smart TVs
- Endefo expands portfolio with Enfit Vega Smartwatch launch in India, Priced at Rs. 1499
- realme redefines Mid-Range Smartphones with the realme 12+ 5G unveiling on 6th March 2024
- Welcome to the Era of Mobile AI
- Redington and Picus Security Collaborate to Deliver Consistent Security Validation
- Noise Unveils Buds N1 TWS – Tune in to Stand Out with Chrome Finish and Up To 40 Hours of Playtime
- BOULT Z40 Achieves Remarkable Milestone – Surpasses 1 Million Sales, Equivalent to Stacking Earbuds as High as 67 Burj Khalifas
- Buy Infinix Hot 40i with segment first 32MP Selfie Cam on Flipkart at INR 8,999* starting tomorrow