In a testimony to its growing market dominance, the SC9832 processor from Spreadtrum Communications (“Spreadtrum”), a leading fabless semiconductor company, has been adopted for Micromax’s newly launched smartphone, Bharat 2. The latest integration underlines Spreadtrum’s vision of leveraging innovative mobile technologies to enable high-performance digital connectivity for Indian consumers at extremely affordable price points.
Based on ARM Cortex-A7 configuration, Spreadtrum SC9832 is a 28nm quad-core processor with five modes – TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE, WCDMA/HSPA(+), GSM and GPRS. The LTE SoC chip platform clocks at 1.3GHz and supports 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.
Dr. Leo Li, Chairman and CEO, Spreadtrum, said, “Spreadtrum’s world-class innovations have been making high-performance mobile connectivity more accessible and within-the-means for aspiring smartphone owners across the globe. We are delighted to partner with Micromax, one of the leading mobile phone manufacturers in India, for its smartphone, Bharat 2. Equipped with Spreadtrum’s SC9832 chipset, Bharat 2 will make high-speed, affordable 4G VoLTE connectivity a tangible reality for Indian consumers and will give the vision of inclusive digital empowerment beyond geographical and socioeconomic boundaries a big boost.”
“Spreadtrum and Micromax have been close strategic partners since 2012 and together, we co-develop and customise solutions for the Indian consumer and take the leading Spreadtrum innovations to the market. We are delighted to partner with Spreadtrum for Bharat 2 that will bring the next set of meaningful innovations to the masses”, said Vikas Jain, Co-Founder, Micromax Informatics Ltd.
Powered by Spreadtrum’s SC9832 Micromax Bharat 2 is a Google certified smartphone and features 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage (expandable to 32GB via a microSD card), and a 2MP rear camera with LED flash, along with a 4-inch WVGA display and a VGA front camera for video calling and selfies. The affordable smartphone has been launched at an extremely cost-effective price point, driving the adoption of Internet for the next set of Indian consumers.
- Caul Mobile launches a range of 5 stylish keypad mobiles for Next GEN
- Zebronics Unveils ‘Unleash the Champion’ Campaign With Ace Cricketers
- With Flipkart’s Big Electronics Day Sale, Get Marvellous Deals on Kodak HD LED TVs from its Official CA PRO and 7XPRO series
- SWOTT Launches AirLIT005 – Highly Ergonomic, Made in India TWS Earbuds
- LG INTRODUCES GAME-SHIFTING TECHNOLOGY WITH 2022 OLED TV LINEUP IN INDIA
- Anker Innovations plans aggressive network expansion in India
- OnePlus opens new, swanky office in India, furthers initiatives for employee wellbeing
- Bosch has developed AI-based solutions -Hemoglobin Monitoring & Phantom beyond mobility