AIMRA has requested the Finance Minister, Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman, regarding the following statutory dates in the month of April, 2021 by which the traders have to file their different GST returns. During these difficult and stressful times many taxpayers will not be able to compile/ provide the details for filing their GST returns on or before due dates so AIMRA requested that the late fee should be waived off permanently till the situation gets normal in the country.
In reply, the government has issued the following GST Relaxation Notifications:
1. No late fees for filing 3B of March/April 3B up to 15 days and 30 days from original due date for taxpayer with turnover more than 5 cr and up to 5 cr respectively. For quarter ending 31st March, no late fees if 3B is filed within 30 days from the original due date.
2. GSTR-4 due date extended to 31st May
3. ITC-04 due date extended to 31st May for Jan-Mar quarter
4. GSTR-1 due date for April’21 extended to 26th May and IFF due date extended to 28th May.
5. Timeline for all other proceedings, order, etc whose due date of completion falls between 15th April to 30th May is extended to 31st May.
6. Relaxation in Interest rate for March and April returns.