Mobile devices are now as essential to workplaces and as well as in. That means a fast, reliable wireless network is essential as well. But building one isn’t as simple as plugging in your ISP-supplied router and connecting your smartphone. In fact if you’ve never done it before, putting together a Wi-Fi network robust enough to support your business can be pretty tricky. To shorten the learning curve, we’ve highlighted some common problems and how to avoid them.
What basic point you have to take care first: Area, gadgets you want to use and beyond.
Before beginning to make your Home/Office Wi-Fi, below points need to be considered.
- Size of Area you need to make Wireless
- Proper Internet plan and feasibility in your area by Internet service provider
- Bandwidth offered to you by ISP’s.
How to choose products for this? Routers, Modems etc.
Once you have filtered above points you need a right product to utilize most out of your Wi-Fi, for same you need to follow below points
- Product should be selected seeing your home/office size also walls and obstacles should be consider, as different product cover different range.
- You should see which Internet is provided to you by your ISP as some offer RJ11 line, while other offer RJ45 and then there are 3G/4G dongle which you can connect to router and make it use as Wi-Fi. Considering same there are various product categories an Individual can use RJ11 which is compatible with ADSL products, whereas RJ45 works for Wireless Router and 3G/4G will work flawlessly with 3G/4G Routers.
- You should always compare your ISP provided Bandwidth with Router to get most out of both, as 150mbps, 300mbps and above, all routers have Different throughput which will affect bandwidth provided to you by ISP as an example if you are getting 50mbps line speed it won’t work smoothly with 150mbps router for same you need higher router.
- Also how many devices you need to connect on Wi-Fi will alter your decision on which Router you should purchase, as each router has a set limit on which it can connect smoothly to devices.
- If you already own a Router and want to expand your Wi-Fi range then there are also availability of Range Extender and Access point which spread your Wi-Fi coverage to more further region.
What to know about the firmware.
- Firmware in router are Internal upgrade of software and will suggest to always keep it updated, as new Firmware are always better than previous version and have solution to bugs and lags that where faced previously by users.
How to take care about the security.
Routers have range of function for Security of end-users
- Parent Control
- Guest Mode
- Bandwidth Control
How to optimize performance.
To optimize performance you can consider below points.
- Use right product considering above points.
- Always update with latest firmware
- Choose the product that fulfils your requirement for example a person who have RJ45 connection, Wireless router will work best for him. Instead of router which offers both. The person should opt for multiuse router only if he/she is going to utilize the flexibility it offers.
- TP-LINK offers range of product for Wi-Fi as it is one of the company whose core product category is Wireless product and their all focus is in providing customer with reliable networking solution.
- For Wireless Category: TL-WR740N & TL-WR841N
- For ADSL Category : TD-W8960N & TD-W8901N
- For 3G/4G Category : M7350, M5250, TL-MR3020 & TL-MR3220.
- Range Extender : TL-WA750RE & TL-WA730RE